UserGate UTM is licensed based on the number of simultaneous users (i.e. IP addresses) that can connect devices to it. For example, a license for 100 users allows 100 devices with unique IP addresses to be connected at any given moment. The 101st user and any that follow will not be able to obtain internet access. There is no limit to the number of user accounts that can be in the system.
The basic license for the product has no expiration date (without updates).
1. Security Updates (SU) Subscription
- updates to UserGate UTM software;
- OS updates;
- subscription to IDPS (attack signatures) database updates;
- subscription to L7 (application signatures) database updates;
- technical support for UTM.
This subscription is mandatory when purchasing the product for the first time. Once the license expires the product will still work, but the L7 and IDPS modules will continue to use the old databases. The databases will not be updated, and technical support will not be available.
A one-year subscription to the Security Updates module is included in the basic UserGate UTM license. Once the first year expires it must be renewed.
2. Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Module
- subscription to Entensys URL filtering 3.0;
- subscription to Phishing, Entensys white/black lists;
- subscription to morphological databases;
- Entensys Cloud Antivirus engine;
- adblock ad-blocking module.
3. Kaspersky Antivirus Module
Includes a subscription to Kaspersky Antivirus.
4. Mail Security Module
This module includes cloud-based anti-spam, email antivirus scanning, and support for other methods for filtering unwanted email.
UserGate UTM can be supplied as a virtual image that can be run in any standard virtual environment such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen, KVM, or Virtual Box, as well as cloud-based web services such as Amazon EC2. In this case it is only necessary to purchase a product license and additional modules. The license is provided electronically.
It is all possible to order a ready-to-use UserGate UTM hardware appliance. The following models are available:
- UserGate UTM C (tabletop, 10-100 users);
- UserGate UTM D (1U rackmount, 50-500 users);
- UserGate UTM E (1U rackmount, 200-3,000 users);
- UserGate UTM F (2U rackmount, 1,000-10,000 users).
Model descriptions are available in the special section of our website.